Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Florence and The Machine

I (Kelley Bean) have been listening to a lot of female vocalists from the U.K. recently. Maybe it's because I like their accents. Maybe I'm just going through a phase.

A few weeks ago, I found Florence and The Machine on myspace and I've been listening to her on reapeat ever since. Florence Welch has a powerful voice. Her songs are catchy, but have more soul than your every day pop music. To my knowledge, Florence and The Machine only has a single released with "Kiss With a Fist" as the A-side and "Hospital Beds" as the B-side. "Between Two Lungs," which can be found on her myspace page, is my personal favorite. I hope to hear it performed live some day.

I was doing some research, and found that her biography claims that she makes "the kind of music Lily [Allen] or Kate [Nash] would make if they'd grown up locked in a cage full of snakes in the basement of a Louisiana funeral home." I think that says it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I too am a new Florence & the machine fan. While it's not the same as seeing it live and in person, you can watch her perform Between Two Lungs here (in case you haven't seen it already) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=MNbJnnPZq_o&feature=related - so good.

The Beans said...

Thanks, Rob! Much appreciated.